The first time I did a DIY Yoga Retreat was back in 2014 when I for some much-needed self-care. I did classes mostly at the Yoga Barn and was amazed and taken aback by Les Levanthal’s classes.
This time, instead, I was feeling a little more adventurous and did classes at Radiantly Alive so I was looking for a homestay nearer to the studio.
I asked around and received a recommendation for D’Cliff’s House. It’s a homestay further up Jalan Dewisita, where the bustle goes on in Ubud.
The guest facilities are a 4-room building at the back of the homestay. I stayed on the higher room with a balcony – it wasn’t very much more expensive than the lower rooms.
- Affordable, pocket-friendly prices in the heart of the city.
- Tucked away on a quiet street but you still feel safe walking to the accommodation
- Comfortable stay with towel, clean sheets and hot water
- Generally clean, if you’re staying longer, you can request for cleaning of the room.
- Amenities just a hop away including a convenience store, a launder and restaurants all around.
- Friendly hosts
The Not So Good
- I had an ant infestation in my toilet bowl. For a while, I was wondering why are ants crawling on the toilet bowl and when I lifted it up, I dropped it immediately because there were so many ants! I called the host and he came running with a Baygon. I left the toilet for a while and later, used the shower head to hose the ants down the drain. Not pleasant.
- There is no air-conditioning but that’s normal in most Ubud homestays
- The breakfast isn’t the tastiest but it’s still okay.
- The roosters are amazingly on time every morning. They crow at the crack of dawn. There is a pub at the back of the house, so you hear strains of the in-house band although it winds down towards midnight.
Would I recommend it?
If you’re doing week-long classes at Radiantly Alive, this is possibly one of the nearest and most affordable homestays in the area.
The ants’ infestation in the toilet bowl is probably an unlucky one-off situation that happened to me. Thankfully, the host came running to my rescue.
I’d recommend to check out the prices of D’Cliff House on the different platforms it is listed: Booking.com, Airbnb (upper floor), Airbnb (lower floor). I booked mine via Airbnb as it was the cheapest rate and came with breakfast
P.S. Use my Klook invite link for SGD4.30 off your first booking.
Cars are not allowed onto the street of Jalan Goutama Sel so you have to drop at the entrance of the road.
|Address||Jl. Gootama, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia|
|Opening hours||Check In 1400 – 0000|
|How to get there||Car from Bali’s international airport|
|Google Map||D’Cliff’s House|