In case you are wondering, the set featured image was taken along the way!
I’m not much of a jam person, give me Nutella or good old butter and kaya (coconut spread in Asia) to go with my bread.
However, if you’re a fan of handcrafted jams with tons of flavours, I think you’ll like this place. They go great with crepes and and pancakes.
Crêperie Confiture Michele
Address: Jalan Gootama N. 26, Ubud, Bali
Opening hours: 9am – 10pm, daily
Google Map: Confiture Michele
If you look at TripAdvisor, Melting Wok Warung has been consistently wavering on the top 5 spots of top restaurants in Ubud, Bali.
Reservations are recommended as it is quite a small restaurant. I made a reservation for 3pm and the restaurant was full. If you don’t have a reservation, you should pop by late or do a take away.
My view from where I was sitting. There were a few more tables behind me
I see a lot of Caucasians rave about the curry on TripAdvisor. Me? I’m like, it’s just curry! Of course I had to try it to see what are these rave reviews about.
The owners were French and I feel that they infused European spice and style of cooking in traditional dishes. The curry that I had used herbs and nuts. It was strange for me (since I grew up on Indian curries) but in a good way!
Another much raved dish is the creme caramel with coconut sauce. It was a tad too sweet and thick for a single me but perfect for sharing for two. The cinnamon gave a little zest to the coconut sauce.
Melting Wok Warung
13 Jalan Gootama
Opening hours: 10am – 10pm
Google Map link
One of my favourite dish to order in Bali: which I can eat all day, everyday, is Nasi Campur. It’s a direct translation to “mixed rice” which is exactly what it is! Most restaurants in Bali offer this as it is the most basic Balinese dish. Nasi Campur is also the cheapest option usually.
I don’t really get why this is the cheapest option as I feel that Nasi Campur is the most “all in” dish. You get rice, some veggies and a little meat to go along with it. These are some of my favourite Nasi Campurs from Bali!
Okay Biah Biah first caught my eyes because of their quirky decor. I mean, pigs on the table really? Their Nasi Campur is one of the more generous versions with two kinds of meat and extra tempe. The tempe is a perfect combination of soy and sweetness mixed. I ordered extra satay sticks too.
Biah Biah (Google Map link): Jl Goutama 13 Padantegal Kaja, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.
A small little place that probably doesn’t sit more than 15 at any go. It’s best to either pop by for a late dinner (if you’re comfortable sharing tables) or make a reservation. I saw many people being turned away as the place was full. I loved how uniquely spiced the chicken chunks was – I can’t even describe it well. The sambal (which was not spicy at all) paired perfectly with the egg..
Continue reading “Bali food: Nasi Campurs all over”
I did a lot of research before and when I was in Bali so this is my list of top food spots in Bali: mainly Ubud, Canggu and Kuta/Seminyak.
- Ne Warung: Goutama Street, Ubud, Bali 80571 – Try the pork ribs or Nasi Campur!
- Biah Biah: Jl Goutama 13 Padantegal Kaja, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- Fair Warung Bale: Jalan Sriwedari 6 | 100m Up From Main Road Ubud, Ubud, Bali 80517, Indonesia
- Caramel : Jalan Hanoman No.4B, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Seniman Coffee Studio: Jl Sriwedari | (1 min off Jl. Raya – main road), Ubud, Bali 80581, Indonesia
- Warung Schnitzel: Jalan Sriwedari 2 | 20 metres from Jl Raya Ubud, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Warung Wayan: Monkey Forest Rd., Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Yoga Barn Kafe: Jalan Raya Pengosekan, Ubud
Other places which I wished I got to try:
- Restaurant Locavore: Jalan Dewi Sita, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Bridges: Jalan Raya Campuhan, Ubud, Bali 80581, Indonesia
- Room 4 Dessert: Jl. Raya Sanggingan | Next to Nuri’s, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Other places that I went but won’t recommend (in Ubud):
- Naughty Nuri’s: This is just over rated and bad service
- Bebek Bengil: Very dry duck
Canggu (Only stayed for a night though)
- Dian Cafe Canggu: Jl Pura Batu Mejan | Echo Beach House, Canggu, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Ole Ole Ollie:Jalan Batu Mejan | Echo Beach, Canggu, Bali, Canggu, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Samadi Bali: Jl. Padang Linjong no. 39, Canggu, Bali 80361, Indonesia
Kuta/Seminyak (My meal times were at warped times)
- Biku: jl. Raya Petitenget no.888, Kerobokan, Bali 80571, Indonesia – Check out high tea here, this is the header image.
- Tekor: Double Six (Arjuna) St., Legian, Bali 80001, Indonesia – Breakfast here